[VE][62] Error Message Feedback

From: Wenis <swenis@communitywebdesign.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:42:36 -0800
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Validating http://www.communitywebdesign.com/Error [62]: "X invalid: only S separators and TAGC allowed here"
[

If you can open a tag with a CLASS or ID selector, why can't you close it with a CLASS or ID selector as well?

I have trouble discriminating one </DIV> from another </DIV>.  To avoid this, I integrated the CLASS or ID selector into the tag closer, for example:
</DIV> </DIV> becomes...
</DIV CLASS="main_content"> </DIV CLASS="frame">.

Unfortunately, the HTML 4.01 Strict validator does not agree with that coding.  The alternative is to use </DIV><!-- main_content --> and </DIV><!-- frame -->.  However, I think </DIV CLASS="main_content"> is a much more elegant solution.  It may not have any coding value, but I think it cleans up the readability nicely, especially compared to the alternative above.

Thank you for allowing me to provide feedback.

--Stephan Wenis
swenis@communitywebdesign.com

 ]