checklink:

From: Ron Stevens <ron@ronkstevens.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:59:52 -0500
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I find your service to be extremely valuable in creating my web pages.
However, I do have the following comment concerning the W3C Link Checker.

In checking a page on my site: http://www.ddytalk.com/music/boomchild/ I
first made sure that it was XHTML valid (returned 0 errors and was indeed
valid). I then proceeded to do a link check on it since I have been making
some minor changes and wanted to make sure that I didn't miss one.
Everything looks okay, except for the following check:

Checking link http://www.ddytalk.com/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
HEAD http://www.ddytalk.com/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd  fetched in 1.1s

In checking this link I receive an ERROR 404 for that web page on line 1
(where my !DOCTYPE declaration is). Later in the <head> of the document I do
set a <base href=http://www.ddytalk.com/ />. My !DOCTYPE is:

<!DOCTYPE html

     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

	 "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Is there something I am not doing correctly to make this valid?
THank you,
Ron Stevens