Re: Tool request

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:27:21 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, www-validator@w3.org, feedvalidator users <feedvalidator-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, www-archive@w3.org

On 11/28/05, Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

> The CSS and Feed services at W3C have very similar SOAP interfaces, with
> the one for the Markup Validator coming with next release. All three
> (will/do) come with at least a perl library to quickly build apps.
>
> http://validator-jp.w3.org/feed/docs/api.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2005Oct/0092.html
> (doc for CSS validator coming soon)
>
> Does that (even partially) answer your request?

A little, thanks. Doesn't look like I can be as lazy as I hoped, and
that 30+ lines of SOAP is wasted on me, all I'm after is "pass" or
"fail". Such a result will be enough for the simple indicator. I
suppose there's always XPath (or regexp ;-)

I imagine there are timeline-based QA uses for a description of the
problem in a machine-readable form, but what I personally need if the
response is in the negative is help to fix the problem asap. A link to
human-readable information on the nature of the error would suffice
(i.e. the usual check URI, which probably wouldn't change over time).

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com