Re: Possible bug in validator (Please CC responses, not on mailing list)

segin wrote:
> I attempted to validate my website's main page,
> http://segin.no-ip.org/index.html, on the validator, and it keeps
> complaining about a illegal placement of a <TABLE> tag. After
> scanning the HTML, and passing it to friends to scan, it has been
> deemed that there is a possible bug in the validator.

   "Nothing wrong with the validator here, it just knows HTML
    better than you [and your friends] do." -- David Dorward

<!ELEMENT TABLE - -
      (CAPTION?, (COL*|COLGROUP*), THEAD?, TFOOT?, TBODY+)>

You've used a THEAD, but an optional TFOOT and one or more TBODY
elements is required to follow.

   <thead>
   </thead>
   <tbody>
     <!-- one or more of these elements must be present -->
   </tbody>

You could just change the thead to tbody in your case, since you're
using the table for layout instead of marking up tabular data, but I'd
recommend you remove the table and learn to use CSS for layout and
presentation instead.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/