Announce: w3c markup validator RPM packages for SuSE Linux

From: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:22:23 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi!

I have assembled SuSE RPMs for the W3C Markup Validator. My current
version is 0.7.0, the current stable 0.7.1 will follow in a few days.
Building on Ville Skyttä's RPM Spec file, I adopted it for SuSE Linux
and made some different changes, mainly having local use in mind.
A a short look into my RPM Spec file might be useful in any case.
My RPM packages are published on
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/w3c-markup-validator/ for developers
only. Please handle this private URL with care (because of server
traffic, which I don't want to explode). I hope, Novell/SuSE will grap
my packages and publish it on their own on a public FTP server (since
weeks, I try to convince Peter Poeml, one of SuSEs main package
maintainers, to find it useful having also official packages of the
w3c-validator in their portfolio and to takeover my RPM packages as
they already did with the current tidy packages and mod-tidy package --
unfortunately their actuality lags behind my private builds on
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/ ).
I would appreciate, if in short term there can also be a notice with
URL on http://validator.w3.org/source/ , pointing to the existance of
RPMs also for Novell/SuSE Linux (either to  SuSE's official validator
packages or to my personal builds on
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/w3c-markup-validator/).

Sierk Bornemann

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany