Re: [VE][338] Error Message Feedback

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:55:24 +1000
To: Matti Nordström <matti_nordstrom@hotmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Matti Nordström wrote:
> I have this problem I just can´t solve, and I hope you can help me with it.
> I have a guestbook on my homepage. And the URL that refers to this
> guestbook looks like this:
>
> http://www.olzzon.com/g/g.php?a=s&i=g16-03236-cc&m=10&p=1

This page has an enormous number of errors, most of which have nothing
to do with unencoded ampersands, and since you are talking about linking
to this page, it's clearly not the page with the errors you're talking
about.

> I figured that you can not have the "&" in the URL-line because it´s a
> unencoded ampersands in URL.

Correct.

> So I changed the three "&" to "&amp;".

Good.

> But my page still wont validate correctly, why?

That depends.  It could be any number of reason, but without seeing the
actual page with the error(s) you are referring to, it is impossible to
know.  Please provide a URI.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/