Question

From: Bernie Howe <bphowe@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:08:14 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
 there is some debate about these buttons,  They are taken from your validation button
and stretched out longer so it blends in with a page.  Sone have done this and changed
the color so it will match their site.  My question is they do not want others to alter their
awards or logo's  but yet they insist this is legal to alter your W3C copyrighted and TM
logo's...
  a..
  b..
  c..
If I am wrong please let me know as I have been accused of trying to upset the code of
ethics for the Award community telling some of the leaders they are not ethical for chaning
the W3C logo's.  It says in your logo page use as it is, look to validation page.  There I see
the logo and it gives the sizes 31 x 88,  these and many other are clearly not 31 x 88 and
therefor in my eyes in breach of your honor system.. for use of logo's.

Thank You
Bernard Howe

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

W3C_banners_14.gif
(image/gif attachment: W3C_banners_14.gif)

W3C_banners_18.gif
(image/gif attachment: W3C_banners_18.gif)

W3C_banners_22.gif
(image/gif attachment: W3C_banners_22.gif)