Validation Output in XML

From: Cristiano Longo <cristiano_longo@yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:44:23 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Dear folks,
I'm using html validator to check a set of sites.
Validation results will be used to retrieve several
information (percentage of valid sites, most used
doctype, etc.).

Check and results' computation are made automatically:
for each site, the application runs the validator (the
“output” parameter is set to “xml”) and puts all
results in an XML file. Finally results are processed
by an XSLT file.

However, sometimes the process does not return any XML
file. For example the following check
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.unict.it&output=xml
shows an html error page and the application is not
able to retrieve this information. Does anybody know
this problem? Could you give me some suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Cristiano Longo
http://www.asiconline.org/

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it