Re: cannot locate the error

From: Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo@kotikone.fi>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 16:58:13 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org

Philip TAYLOR wrote:

>> Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>> XHTML 1.1 does not allow <input> elements as children of a <form>
>> element. Enclose the input element in some element that is allowed

> Forgive my naivety, but /why/ is this not allowed ?
> I would have thought that it was the most natural
> nesting, and that any additional element (e.g., <div>,
> as you suggest) would in many cases be completely
> redundant ...

I'd guess that the reason would be that the form elemenet is just a
container for form controls, which themselves need more structure than
mere form. Perhaps headers and paragraphs, certainly fieldsets... all
depending on particular cases. Cf. to the blockquote elemenet, which
also requires block content.

Regards,
Osmo