Re: [VE][63] Error Message Feedback

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:17:02 +0200 (EET)
To: Chris McCulloh <cdm@rtmconsultants.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Chris McCulloh wrote:

> I'm not really sure what this is trying to say to me. Is it saying that
> anywhere in my text (that appears to a visitor) that I want to have a % or /
> I have to surround them with quotation marks?

You need to understand what "attribute" means in HTML.

> http://www.rtmconsultants.com/spirited/index.shtml

The validator reports the page as valid, so I don't see what error message
you are referring to.

Actually your DTD is malformed, though the validator does not
catch this; you have written "Transitionial" but the
correct spelling is "Transitional". (The validator apparently
uses the URL and does not care about the FPI.)