RE: [VE][410] Error Message Feedback

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:43:30 +0200 (EET)
To: "Bates, Steve" <bates@BFLO.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Bates, Steve wrote:

> What about symbols that are higher than 159, like the Registered
> trademark symbol "&#169;" or the 1/2 sign "&#189;?

Those character references are correct. All character references are
resolved relative to code numbers in Unicode / ISO 10646 (though in
theory, in SGML this depends on the SGML declaration used).

> I am going to be using this HTML message as an e-mail message. Are there
> any considerations for mime formatting?

I'm not surely I understand the question, but I'm pretty sure that on this
list, plain text is the preferred format. If you need to send non-textual
information, put it onto the Web and post the URL.