From: Bates, Steve
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 8:01 AM
To: 'www-validator@w3.org'
Subject: [VE][410] Error Message Feedback

Hello.

I tried the Markup Validation Service and had a couple of issues with
symbols in an HTML document. Your validation tool does not like the HTML
code for a (tm) symbol. I am using the "™"--what am I supposed to
be using? Or am I missing a declaration at the top of the document?

Document details ...
Encoding: UTF-8
Doctype: HTML 4.01 Transitional

When you can. Thanks.