Re: EARL output on the "Validate by File Upload" option.

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:28:50 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Ragnhild Varmedal <ragnhild@cs.uit.no>
Hello Ragnhild,

On 27 Jun 2005, at 20:27, Ragnhild Varmedal wrote:
> I have been trying out the Validator because we need some test
> results in EARL for a project I am working on. The option for
> producing EARL is working fine when I am testing with an  URI for
> an online page, but I can not make it work when I want to do the
> testing on an uploaded html-page.  I have tried both with your
> online validator, a local installation with  a web server, and
> running from the command line, but I cant figure out how to do
> this. Is it possible at all?

In case of upload the request for validation is sent to the CGI via a
POST request, so adding options is indeed not as easy as just adding
them at the end of the request URI.

Since you have a local installation of the CGI, the easiest way is to
customize the form. Replace htdocs/detailed-form.html in your
installation with this file, and the "detailed" interface, including
for file upload, should give you a choice of output formats. That's
just a quick hack, but it should work.

Hope this helps.

Note that the EARL output has not been changed or checked in a while,
so depending on which version of the validator you are running, the
EARL output may be outdated, or plain broken. Please tell us how and
whether it worked.

Thanks,
--
olivier