Re: Which DTD is better Transitional or Strict?

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:39:36 +1000
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

David Dorward wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 06:10:21AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:
>>align="right" is rather essential

align="right" is the same as float:right; in CSS.  The only reason
people ever need to use align="right" (or class="right", as I see quite
often these days) is when they don't think about semantics and,
therefore, have no other way of identifying which content they want to
present nor why they want it presented in that way.

What for?  Most, if not all, modern GUI browsers render <s> and <del> in
the same way.  What's the point in using <s>?

> <del> isn't very commonly used though.

Actually, I see it used quite often, along with <ins>, particularly when
authors edit blog entries.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/