Re: [VE][64] Error Message Feedback

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:40:00 +0100
To: evens.deshauteurs@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 09:12:59AM -0400, evens.deshauteurs@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca wrote:
>    Good Morning, I'm trying to validate a file that has a table in it.
>    The table is simalr to the one on your website.
>    But since the TR tags don't close, it wont validate ?

That depends what markup language you are using. In HTML 4.01 end tags
for table rows (</tr>) are optional. In XHTML end tags are required
for all elements, but as the example you quoted uses upper case tag
names, I'm assuming that you aren't using XHTML.

We would need to see the document you have having trouble with in
order to suggest a course of action.