Re: W3C Link Checker - 4.1Command line error

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:04:48 +0200
To: simonj@redhouselane.co.uk
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 12:47 +0000, simonj@redhouselane.co.uk wrote:

> I get the following error when trying to run checklink at the command
> line:
>
> "-T" is on the #! line, it must also be used on the command line at
> checklink line 1.

Try running it like

  perl -T checklink ...

Alternatively, I think in Cygwin it could work just with
"checklink ...".

> I'm running this on a Windows 2000 machine with ActivePerl 5.8.6
> installed and all the other prerequisites.

Cool.  Be sure to let us know if there are any problems; I believe that
the link checker has received a lot more testing on Unix platforms than
on Windows.  As far as I know, it should work on Windows too though.