Re: [VE][257] Error Message Feedback

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:41:09AM -0500, Dan W. wrote:

> Line 430, column 25: an attribute value specification must be an
> attribute value literal unless SHORTTAG YES is specified

> I get this for both the 128 and 100. Last time I checked, plain numbers
> like 128 and 100 were called 'literals'. I checked to make sure I hadn't
> typed lower-case 'L', but no, they are numeric 1 (one)'s.

It generally helps if you provide a URL, it makes it easier to debug
code if you can see it in context (such as knowing what language you
are trying to work in).

My guess is that you are using XHTML and forgot about the change
described in section 4.4 of the HTML 1.0 spec.

  http://w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.4