Possible issue with 4.01 strict validator?

From: Char-Lez Braden <komori_san@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:26:25 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

I am seeing some behavior I cannot explain that might be a problem with the

This URL http://www.freecitizen.com/demo.html shows a very small HTML
document that the validator says is good, but looks I believe the HTML is
in (http://www.freecitizen.com/demo2.html) I get the message "Error  Line 19
column 7: end tag for element "P" which is not open."

When I look at the parse tree (demo.html) it appears to me that the
validator is inserting a </p> just before the <ul> tag.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to send this message.  If not,
please don't flame me back just forward it on and CC me.