Re: Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAX NG + Schematron

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:03:41 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote: […]

Let me make an attempt to summarize; you want the validator to support…

  • …additional tests, without needing to modify the source document.
  • …additional tests based on a schema language like RNG or Schematron.
  • …specifically RELAX NG and Schematron for implementing such tests.
  • …applying such tests from arbitrary third parties.

Is that an accurate interpretation?

--
I have lobbied for the update and improvement of SGML. I've done it for years.
I consider it the jewel for which XML is a setting.  It does deserve a bit of