Re: Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAX NG + Schematron

On Aug 26, 2005, at 03:35, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> One question is, how will the existing validator's architecture (perl
> based) be interfaced with relaxng tools?

Does it have to? Isn't the CSS validator written fully in Java?

> The latter are overwhelmingly java based. Soap has been mentioned as a
> solution, but I have not seen anything concrete done in this area yet.

SOAP doesn't seem like a natural fit and seem like an overkill. If I
had to do it, I'd make the Java-based validator respond to GET with a
report that was easy to include in the output of the Perl program.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi