Re: Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAX NG + Schematron

On Aug 23, 2005, at 11:38, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Also, what is the purpose of the "dirty parser" option?  Is that for
> people that don't really want to be told their pages are invalid, so
> they'll be parsed as tag soup and given a pass regardless?  It seems
> like a pretty useless option to me, I'd remove it.

My validation service ( http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/ ) now
includes an experimental and incomplete HTML5 parser (
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator-about/htmlparser.jar ) which does not
do fixups like TagSoup.

I have also changed the preset XHTML schemas from James Clark's
versions to Petr Nalevka's versions.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi