Closing anchor tag problem

From: Scott McGhee <alf9005@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:16:58 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

I'm getting a very strange error when I try to verify my page as being
valid HTML 4.01 Transitional markup.  It's only one error, and it
states that I have a "end tag for element "A" which is not open".  Yet,
looking at the source, it indeed is.  There is no javascript in the
page at all either, so I have no idea if this is a bug in the
validator, or a problem in the page.  Any pointers or feedback is
appreciated.  The page I'm validating is
http://www.itistime.us/index.php.

Thanks,
Scott McGhee