checklink: "help" instead of "docs"?

From: Scott Lawton <scott@productarchitect.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:42:01 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

I reported to a friend that http://validator.w3.org/checklink was stopped by his robots.txt.  Given that info, try this usability test: send someone to that URL who hasn't seen it before -- with the mission to find the user agent.

He and I both missed it.  (I found the info by running the link checker again; the detail *is* linked on that result page, thanks!)  Looking again, I now see the "Docs" link.  Perhaps "Help" would be more appropriate?  And/or perhaps a small "table of contents" for the help would usefully be put directly onto http://validator.w3.org/checklink ?

The main page http://validator.w3.org/ has "Help & FAQ" in addition to Docs; perhaps that could be done here even if the FAQ links was just to the bottom of the docs page.

Cheers,
--

Scott