Re: [VE][106] Error Message Feedback

From: J. Grant <jg@jguk.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:55:27 +0100
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>, w3@j-a-b.net, jkorpela@cs.tut.fi

Hello Jukka and Jens

Thank you for both of your replies with the help.

> Presumably you are using the HTML 4.01 strict or an XHTML Doctype where
> the NOWRAP attribute does not exist anymore.
> This attribute is deprecated in HTML 4.01 [1] but is still valid and
> may  be used with the HTML 4.01 Transitional Doctype.
> So either you choose a different Doctype for your page or consider
> using  stylesheets[2] instead.

Ok,  I have added this item to my CSS, and use that to the same effect:

	white-space : nowrap;

I had hoped that after the validation problems there would be
suggestions of fixes.  In the same way that if I write &foo in a url I
get an explanation of the problem, and a suggestion for fixing  (add
"&amp;") etc.

Thank you for your help, Kind regards,

Homepage: http://jguk.org/
Blog: http://jguk.org/#blog