Re: xhtml Validator bug?

From: GVE <gve@altervista.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:44:26 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

To everyone who answerd me:

Thanks, in fact I had some doubt about it (my first message was sent whith
a question mark in the subject for this reason). So the fact that the page
is not viewed is just a browser problem.

Pharaphs I just looked in the wrong place (also if it's inside the xhtml
reccomandation):

At http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.3 in fact you find:

> [...] XML does not allow end tags to be omitted.
> All elements other than those declared in the DTD
> as EMPTY *must* have an end tag. Elements that
> are declared in the DTD as EMPTY can have an end
> tag or can use empty element shorthand.

The use of "must" was for me enough to think that <script>, as it's not
empty, need to have </script>; from this passage it's seems that only the
elements declared as empty can use the shorthand "/>". It's misleading.

I'll report this problem to www-html-editor@w3.org .

http://giovanni.vertuan.tk/

Al mondo ci sono 10 categorie di persone:

quelle che capiscono il binario ...
.... e quelle che non lo capiscono !