Re: Problem with local copy

From: Philippe Wittenbergh <phiw13@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:29:34 +0900
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:41:01 +0300, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 16:43, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>
> > > that the line "File Type
> > > file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/type.cfg"
> > > in your configuration file does not have ay typo, and that the file
> > > type.cfg is indeed in the
> > > /Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/ directory.
> > >
> > > Could you check that and get back to us?
> >
> > Unfortunately:
> > The file (type.cfg) is there where it should be;
> > double checking the validator.conf file doesn't reveal any typo.
>
> Apologies in advance for parroting this, but did you check that the
> parameter names and their values in validator.conf are separated by
> tabs, not spaces?

Wonderful idea... but I had tabs. BUT pico had inserted line breaks
between parameter name and value !???????  I open the file in
SubEthaEdit, and then it was obvious....

Ms validator is running nicely on a Powerbook near me. Thanks a lot
for the idea (and thanks to Pete as well).

Philippe

PS I will post this on the Apple Webdev list as well.

--
p._/_

http://emps.l-c-n.com