Re: Validator.w3.org - title

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:13:35 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>, "Beton, Richard" <richard.beton@roke.co.uk>, www-validator@w3.org
Le jeu 14/10/2004 ŗ 23:52, olivier Thereaux a ťcrit :
> Playing devil's advocate here for a moment... Is it a problem that the
> title would be very likely to change if validation status changes?

I don't think it is; quite the contrary in fact.

> Could it be an issue for bookmarks?

I don't think any bookmark system assume that the title of page can't
change. And again, it would be more useful to have a relevant title
(with context) rather than the completely neutral one currently in use.

>  Also, can you imagine the length of
> the title if the validated page's title and URI are already quite long?

I don't think that's an issue; that is, it's likely the whole title
won't be visible in many user agents title bar, but as long as we start
with the most relevant info (fail/success, title, uri), that's OK
AFAICT.

(I like the idea, in other words :)

Dom
W3C/ERCIM