Validator does not allow for height attribute

From: Michael McKenzie <trulogik@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:13:33 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

While I am sure I can not be the only one to mention this I am curious as to
why the validator does not allow for the "HEIGHT" attribute on elements that
the specification clearly says is a valid attribute. I was attempting to
create an image with it's exact dimensions in attributes instead of using
CSS since I want the page to display properly without CSS but the validator
says that it is invalid to use the Height attribute. According the HTML 4.01
spec it is a valid use of the attribute so why does the validator reject it?
This happens when using both the Strict and Transitional doctypes. Thanks.