Re: [VE][338] New Error Message Suggestion

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:33:09 +0100
To: mayne@maynegallery.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 21:34, Matt wrote:
> Could you add the ability to parse 'PHPSESSID', '&' and '=' in a url
> for your HTML validator please. My pages would return as valid xhtml
> if your parser understood that urls can pass session ids and
> variables.

The problem is with your (or PHP's) HTML, not with the markup validation
service.

Read the FAQ: http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-ampersand

PHP can be configured to generate valid HTML for query strings, but
doesn't by default (I haven't a clue why, their default settings are
invalid in any version of (X)HTML you care to name). The PHP manual
describes how to configure PHP to do the right thing.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>