Re: [VE][338] New Error Message Suggestion

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:33:09 +0100
To: mayne@maynegallery.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 21:34, Matt wrote:
> Could you add the ability to parse 'PHPSESSID', '&' and '=' in a url
> for your HTML validator please. My pages would return as valid xhtml
> if your parser understood that urls can pass session ids and
> variables.

The problem is with your (or PHP's) HTML, not with the markup validation

Read the FAQ: http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-ampersand

PHP can be configured to generate valid HTML for query strings, but
doesn't by default (I haven't a clue why, their default settings are
invalid in any version of (X)HTML you care to name). The PHP manual
describes how to configure PHP to do the right thing.

David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>