Re: No "target" allowed

From: Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl@cygnusinteractive.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:23:16 -0500
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Aapo Romu wrote:
> 'tabbed' browsing is familiar for me from Mozilla and Netscape. Firefox is
> apparently next generation of Mozilla.
>
> With IE or some other browsers however you don't have the choice of tabs and
> as unfortunate it is we as a web developers have to always think of all
> users.

MSIE allows the opening of links in a new windows by the user when using
a right-click or a modifier key (I believe it's control on Windows and
command on Mac OS, but don't quote me on that...)

This is putting the users first by allowing them to choose how links are
opened, either in the same window, or a new one. By forcing them to
always open in a new window, you take away a choice from the users.

Pete