Re: Custom DTD Support (was: Re: frameset and frame borders)

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Terje Bless wrote:

> If possible, we would appreciate it if you could resubmit your
> document for processing and let us know whether this has resolved the issue
> you reported.

The issue was resolved for the test case related to adding attributes
into the Frameset DTD. The test case now validates.

But for http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/nobr.html there's still
a problem, though a different one. Apparently the validator now recognizes
the customized DTD, but it just reports that the page is not valid,
followed by "Below are the results of attempting to parse this document
with an SGML parser." followed by no results. (The page _is_ valid.)
I remember having seen such a situation earlier, but I think the problem
was fixed, and now it seems to have re-emerged.

I think there used to the problem that if I add new elements into the
definition of %phrase (as I do, by introducing NOBR), some internal limit
(GRPCNT, I think) in the validator prevented validation - presumably it
was unable to process the DTD. And I vaguely remember this caused a
situation like the above. But when I now tried removing ACRONYM, thereby
making the number of elements the same as in HTML 4.01 DTD, it did not
help. When I removed both ACRONYM and DFN, validation was successful.
I'm puzzled.