rows and cols in XHTML 1.0 strickt...

From: Andreas Lindrupsen <andreas@erbest.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:12:29 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi

I am writing on an webpage, and offcource I do my best to get the code validated at http://validator.w3.org

One thing I newer have understanded is: Why do you have to put the cols and rows atribute in the <textarea> tag?

I know that thise is telling the browser how hight and width on the textarea, but this you can do much better in the CSS. I can't se any reason that you have to use the cols and rows atributes, afterall you don't have to use the cols atribute on <input type="text"> tag.

It it an ide to remove this in XHTML 1.1 strickt?

--
MVH.

Andreas Lindrupsen
www.raddis.net