Re: Link Checker - Recursive Option

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 00:30, Robin Barre wrote:

Robin, thanks for the detailed report, and sorry for the delay.

> It looks like the other files are successfully checked as it shows the
> list of HEAD requests.  So what's going on here?  I use Check Linked
> Documents Recursively option a lot.  Do I need to change the depth?
> What else could be wrong?

No, you don't have to change anything, it sure looks like a bug in the
link checker to me.

When you run the checker from the site's root, the document at /
contains links like lessons.html#something, ie. with fragment
identifiers.  That correctly causes a GET request for /lessons.html
instead of the usual HEAD, since we need to parse the content in
/lessons.html and search for the "something" anchor(s) from it.  But
apparently that GET somehow triggers a bug where not only anchors, but
links too in /lessons.html are recorded as "already checked and all ok".

I will look into this soon.  I also have a local test case where I can
reproduce and debug this, so you can go ahead and fix the broken link on
your site.

Thanks again!