Re: [VE][141] New Error Message Suggestion

From: Harold Baughan [RockSolidSite.com] <hbaughan@rocksolidsite.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 03:07:29 -0400
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

> You have been mislead, by a link on W3C pages, to send an e-mail
> message with the Subject line "[VE][141] New Error Message
> Suggestion", to the public discussion list www-validator@w3.org.

Thank you, Jukka, for the heads-up.  That was not clear from the page I was
on.

I had been misled to think that, since "name" had to match in radio buttons,
then "id" had to match, too.  Obviously wrong.  Perhaps, then, a more
clearly worded error message -- plain language for us dunderheads -- would
help, as well as clearer instructions in other documentation.  Thanks
again... to you, and to David, who helped to set me straight.

Harold