Re: Language attribute (was [VE][108] New Error Message Suggestion)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Somewhat p****d off by this continuing reference to non-existent
> error message suggestions, I would politely point out that the
> originator of the message to which David refers did /not/ provide
> the subject line at all : it was provided by the validator when
> the originator clicked on the text
>
> 	" (Send feedback on message #108)"

The fact still is that the Subject line - which should, by Internet
protocols, tell what the message is about - says "New Error Message
Suggestion".

> Since this text in no way requires or even suggests that an error
> message suggestion should form a part of the message, could I
> respectfully suggest that there be no more of these "Where is
> the error message you are suggesting ?" messages unless and until
> the validator uses more explicit link text.

I think we need to repeat our complaints until the fundamentally
misleading Subject line is changed in the validator.

However I think I'm not the only one considering the option of
unsubscribing. Now this list seems to be largely filled with elementary
questions that indicate lack of understanding of what validation is, under
the misleading Subject line. I don't think it's a good idea to pass any
feedback unfiltered to a discussion list.