Is there a way to set the link checker to work with SSI's?

From: <DSpencer@courts.state.va.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:47:18 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

We are in the middle of a redesign of our Web site and are using your WC3
validator and link checker tool. Neither of these work for us when we add
our .html or .htm files to the application mapping in the properties/home
directory/configuration/application mapping for our Web site.

Is there something I can do on my side or is it just that the WC3 doesn't
validate or link check when SSI's are running?

Any assistance is appreciated!

Debbie Spencer
DJIT Web Developer
Supreme Court of VA