Re: Installation article on Apple's Dev site

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:27:37 +0900
Cc: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl@cygnusinteractive.com>

On Jul 27, 2004, at 3:04 AM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:
> Apple has an article titled "Installing the W3C HTML Validator on Mac
> OS X" which seems to have come out last week:
>   http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/validator.html
> They've even packaged up some needed files and made them available for
> download.

Small warning: this article is a very nice and useful resource *BUT* it
makes you download a wrong (unstable) version of the validator.

The document will be amended very soon, I am told, to point to the
stable tarballs and not to CVS. In the meantime when told to type "cvs
get validator" instead type "cvs get validator -r
validator-0_6_7-release" and all should work fine.

Cheers,
--
olivier