Re: Installation article on Apple's Dev site

On Jul 27, 2004, at 3:04 AM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:
> Apple has an article titled "Installing the W3C HTML Validator on Mac
> OS X" which seems to have come out last week:
>   http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/validator.html
> They've even packaged up some needed files and made them available for
> download.

Small warning: this article is a very nice and useful resource *BUT* it
makes you download a wrong (unstable) version of the validator.

The document will be amended very soon, I am told, to point to the
stable tarballs and not to CVS. In the meantime when told to type "cvs
get validator" instead type "cvs get validator -r
validator-0_6_7-release" and all should work fine.

Cheers,
--
olivier