Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 18:45, Matt Seitz wrote:
> 	#Line 52, column 7: end tag for element "P" which is not open
>
> When I examine the source of the page, it appears element P was opened at line
> 44.  So I don't understand why Validator is reporting an error.

To quote some more of the error message:

        This is often caused by a leftover end tag from an element that
        was removed during editing, or by an implicitly closed element

You cannot start a block element, like a list, mid-paragraph. Therefore
the <ul> implies a </p> just before it.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>