Re: validation of

"Simon Anderson" <simon@slop.de> wrote in message
news:40F86657.7050908@slop.de...
> That's why the date is inside the link. However, not everybody has
> Javascript, so instead of saying, "Next show: 6th August" with the date
> written by a script, I want to add a noscript element so that
> non-scripting browsers say, "Next show: the first Friday of next month",
> which would also be a link to the detailed page.

NOSCRIPT is generally a bad idea, it's too gross - remember it applies to
any failure or any script on the page, not just a particular entry.  I also
see no point at all in having it for the above.  The First friday of the
month is always useful to everyone, you might aswell leave it there, and
then add your calculated date.  Or use DOM methods to replace the text if
you're really sure you want to.

Cheers,

Jim.