Weird problem

From: Aleksi Suhonen <ams@modeemi.cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:54:51 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org

I spent some time reading the FAQs and trying to debug my page
and could find a reason why the validator rejects the following page:

I suspected that it might have been because of the usage of
the validator just picked another random point in the document
(the 'c' in 'type="text/css"' in fact) and gave the same error.

So is this in fact a bug in the validator?
Please keep me in the Cc: field in any replies.

hmm ... I just reran the validator with almost all the options
on and I noticed this in the parse tree portion:

       Axu's Homepage Version 3.0
      ATYPE CDATA text/javascript
      ASRC CDATA http://www.modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~ams/apu/default.js
       > <link rel="StyleSheet" type="text
     css" href="default.css" title="Default"/>
      ATITLE CDATA Beige
      AHREF CDATA beige.css
      ATYPE CDATA text/css
      AREL CDATA Alternate StyleSheet
      AHREF CDATA blue.css
      ATYPE CDATA text/css
      AREL CDATA Alternate StyleSheet

So the parser is definately being thrown off at some point.

	Aleksi Suhonen