Stripped Legacy

From: <brewhaha@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:23:19 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org

I've seen about five ways to write an e-mail
address in HTML, and only one is maximally convenient.

Sloppy browsers ignore this tag:
<LINK rev=made href="mailto:postmaster@ecn.ab.ca">
Sloppy people reinvent it.

	So, it seems to me that WebLint was correct to consider the LINK
tag as compulsory (SGML), even if it made the error of providing a switch
to disable the complaint. (You can always be creative with the address if
you think any point is to avoiding spiders).

	BTW, unicode is nothing but a headache to fontographers (and
people who don't believe that standards change every three years), because
I hav a grand total of ONE unicode font on my machine, and I don't think
I'll ever see Chinese written in the style of Zapf Chancery.