Re: FW: Possible Validation Error

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 23:27:14 +0300
To: Bob.Sullivan@ssa.gov
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>, ot@w3.org

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 21:48, Sullivan, Bob RO Denver wrote:

> I hope that you may be able to clarify thisf situation; if there is anything
> that I can do, please do not hestitate to contact me.  I look forward to
> hearing from you.

I have no explanation, but in order to track down where the weirdness
happens it would be useful to try and debug whether the exact contents
sent by your browser differ between uploads when getting varying
results, ie. if the "e" -> "!" change of other unexpected things happens
already at your end.

A couple of free tools which can be used for this:
Ethereal: http://www.ethereal.com/
ngrep: http://ngrep.sourceforge.net/