RE: FW: Possible Validation Error

Thank you for your reply, but I am afraid that I am such an amateur that I
do not understand how to properly use the tools to which you refered me.
However, we have noted something that may be a clue towards solving the
problem.  While this code does not work reliably:

      lang="en"
      xml:lang="en">
<head>
        content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>

The following code DOES work reliably with the validator:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<head>
</head>

I do not understand why this latter code works.  Is there anything wrong
with the first code?  Whatever insight you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob