Weird validator error: says page isn't valid, but doesn't list any errors

From: Dave Taylor <taylor@intuitive.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 01:07:48 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

I'm a bit stymied by the HTML validator results I get for this URI:

    http://www.reallifedebt.com/index.shtml

It says "This page is NOT valid", but has no information in the error list.
Is this some sort of glitch in the validator itself, or is there some nuance
here that I'm not seeing?

Please note: I'm not on this list so I'd appreciate a Cc on any response.

Thanks!

Dave Taylor
   Intuitive Systems: Writing, Teaching, Speaking & Consulting
The answer to all your tech questions:     http://AnswerSquad.com/