Re: Weird validator error: says page isn't valid, but doesn't list any errors

From: John Colby <john@colby.evesham.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:47:53 +0000
To: Dave Taylor <taylor@intuitive.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Your declaration has !doctype and public in lower case. The declaration
should be:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> see
http://webstandards.org/learn/templates/ for one of the lists of !DOCTYPE
declarations

Changing those gives me a sensible set of errors. I first tried this using
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/direct.html to remove the validator
form the equation.

John