Re: Unescaped XML Ampersands Incorrectly Validated

* Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>This is not well-formed, but the validator passes it:
>
>http://infomesh.net/200X/valid-amp-bug.html

>Please let me know whether this is appropriate enough a bug to enter
>into the database at <http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/>. (It would also
>be appreciated if the validator.w3.org feedback page were more
>bug-report oriented!)

Well, we know the Validator does not check for well-formedness. We could
file a bug report for every aspect of well-formedness that is unchecked
by the validator, but since we know these "bugs" are there and will all
go away once we check for well-formedness I think it is not worth the
effort.