RE: checklink: Timeout Problem

From: Eric Zumot <Eric.Zumot@biznet-solutions.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:23:13 -0000
To: "Nick Kew" <nick@webthing.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi Nick,

You were right, it's working now.

Thanks
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: 18 February 2004 13:32
To: Eric Zumot
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: checklink: Timeout Problem

> Hi,
>
> LinkChecker keeps stoping and throws the below error[1] whenever I run

502 is a proxy error, and is clearly incorrect.

> CGI TimeoutThe specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for
> processing.  The server has deleted the process.

So it's not really a proxy and the server is telling porkies.  And if
it was a proxy it should be 504.

> it on http://www.delni.gov.uk with recursion depth 2, in other words 2
> levels deep. I've adjusted the headers by adding "Keep-Alive:
> timeout=15, max=100\n"; and "Connection: Keep-Alive\n"; it checked few

Does anything change if you (substantially) increase that timeout?
Not that it should: keepalives address a different issue.

I would guess the underlying problem is a builtin timeout for CGI
processes.  Since you're running a server for which neither source
nor any meaningful documentation is publicly available, you'll just
have to dig for how to fix that.

--
Nick Kew