[VE][257] Error Message Feedback

From: Miskovic <ivanm@slingshot.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:43:33 +1300
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi, I have gotten this error: an attribute value specification must be an
attribute value literal unless SHORTTAG YES is specified

for this line of code: <meta http-equiv=content-type content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1" /> although I have seen many XHTML 1.0 Transitional
compliant webpages using this tag, and I have correctly placed it and I do
not see an error yet I get this message.

Also, I get a few of these errors: there is no attribute "background"

for lines of code such as this: <td width="42"
background="images/main/sidebar_left.png" height="172"> and clearly the
attribute is specified and allowed in the XHTML 1.0 Transitional
specifications to my knowledge.

For a macromedia Flash embed movie I receive this error: element "embed"

for this tag:
<embed src="site_files/swf/main/home_top.swf" quality="high"
bgcolor="#ffffff" width="759" height="434" name="top_anim" align="middle"
allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

But the code was generated by macromedia Flash and it outputs XHTML files.
This aside, however, I still see no errors. Please help me.