Suggestions for the validator

From: Peter Lowe <pgl@yoyo.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:00:36 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

[ I'm sending this to www-validator@w3.org for discussion before
  submitting bug reports / feature requests ]

I have been using the W3C Markup Validation service at
http://validator.w3.org/ recently, and have a couple of suggestions. I
am valid validating multiple pages at a time (using Opera's "validate"
option) which means I have often have to pause to figure out what set
of results corresponds to which page. It would be nice if:

 - the page title could be included at the top of the results (if
   possible)

 - the timestamp was shown at the top of the page rather than the bottom

 - the validated page's source was included by default in the results /
   tacked on to the end of the page

   or

 - there was a page allowing cookies to be set for validation options

 - there was an option to revalidate a page, but ignore certain types of
   errors (eg, by having checkboxes next to each error saying "ignore
   this error" and a "revalidate" button at the bottom of the page)

Just some ideas.

cheers,

Peter

--
The Czech Republic: Home of the world's finest beer.
Litres drunk by Czechs so far this year: 1,080,741,024.02

 - http://prague.tv/toys/beer/