Smallish feature request for validator

From: Chet <chet@nogators.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:16:43 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

I do my best to create only valid markup on my projects, and as such
find myself using the validator quite often. I enjoy the fact that it
can review a page via URI or file upload, but I wonder how difficult it
would be to include an option to paste the file directly into a form?

I ask because I work frequently with systems that are (a) dynamically
generated and (b) behind some form of validation, so to check these
pages I must point my own browser at the page, copy the finished source
out to a file, save it, and then upload it to the validator. It would
be much easier if I could just paste the source into a form, as then
the cycle would be shorter (and much more like what I do to validate
public pages).

In any case, thanks for listening. I've not joined the list, so please
direct any "you fool! We can't do that because _____" emails directly
to me, as I won't get them on-list.  (heh)

Best,
Chet Farmer
Houston, TX

----
"I think I need to go get lunch now, before I am trapped in here by the
guy with the hose." MAD 2003-10-08